From 2012 to 2015, this project is undertaking a detailed physical and intellectual review of our anthropology collections.
Working with communities and researchers, Collections People Stories: Anthropology Reconsidered sets out to uncover the range, scale and importance of both the stored collections and those on display - investigating new and innovative methods of collections research, engagement and interpretation.
Over the course of this project, we will be exploring these themes
- We've arranged a series of talks exploring the theme of Food and Feasting - explore the talks through the links on the right, or check our events calendar to see what's coming up next
- The review team have been posting their favourite finds from the stores on our Tumblr blog
- We connected with the UK's Tibetan community to learn more about the Tibetan objects in our collections
- We hosted a visit from the Fijian Art Research Project, which gave us a better insight into our objects from Fiji
- We held a Community Symposium for local groups to learn how they can use our Anthropology Collections