Accessible and fully-supported temporary loans from the Horniman collections to other institutions
This project offers museum objects on short term loan to other institutions. The objects chosen for the project have either been in storage for a number of years or on display but with limited information.
We will support your organisation throughout the loan to make the process accessible, open and manageable.
We deliver the loan object along with a showcase, lighting, transport, interpretation, and the option of an expert talk or event and publicity for the loan.
All loan and associated costs are covered by Arts Council England making the project available to all.
Current and upcoming displays
- Zhenwu figure at the Royal Asiatic Society from 1 September to 6 December 2016
- Narsīgā at East Grinstead Museum from 25 November 2016 to 21 March 2017
- Miniature dogs at Wimbledon College of Arts from January to March 2017
- Japanese shōgi set at Southend Central Museum from 4 April to 25 July 2017
Objects in the project
- Japanese shōgi set
- Chinese zhenwu figure
- Traditional Romanian hand decorated eggs
- Three Oceanic pots
- Haida model totem pole and pipe
- Imbenge, South African beer pot covers
- Swedish Christmas goats
- Horse skull
- Taxidermy secretary bird
- Taxidermy pine marten
- Taxidermy badger
- Chimpanzee Skeleton
- Miniature Taxidermy Dogs
Follow our progress
You can see the locations of some of our current and past Object in Focus Loans on our Loans Map.
For more information on our Object in Focus project and the objects available for loan, please email the project coordinator Sarah Mahood on email@example.com or call 0208 858 8232.