Small figure, redykolka, of a horse made from dried curd. The horse has a saddle bound to its body by a strip of cheese; another represents the reins. The saddle and reins have a pattern in red and green pigment.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
figure (food sample)
1 item (description level: whole)
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
common name: small cheese horse or hen
object name (Horniman Ethno.): figure (food sample)
- Poland, Eastern Europe, Europe
- Additional place information
made or collected: Zakopane area, Poland
- Materials & techniques
- processed material; pigment
- Additional material & technique information
material: processed material (overall)
material: pigment (overall)
- overall: 65 mm x 17.5 mm x 48 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 65 mm x 17.5 mm x 48 mm
donor: Frommer, Eva
- given to family members and children on the occasion of the sheep flocks’ return from the mountains to the villages (redyk)
- Related subjects
theme: Food and Feasting
object name (Horniman Ethno.): figures (food samples)
material: processed material
- Record created 2000-01-22 by DRICE
- Record last updated 2016-10-04 by XGVIEWS
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. There is a current error in our database which points to all items being on display. We are working to correct this at the moment - if you have a query about a specific item being on display, please contact us through the equiries form. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please send these via our enquiry form.