Toy figure of a tiger; painted yellow, black, red and green on a green base.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
1 item (description level: whole)
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
object name (Horniman Ethno.): toy figure
- Central India, India, South Asia, Asia
- Additional place information
made or collected: Central India
- Date made
- Additional date information
date made: 1937
- Materials & techniques
- paint; wood; gesso
- Additional material & technique information
material: wood (overall)
material: paint (overall)
material: gesso (overall)
- overall: 86 mm x 60 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 86 mm x 60 mm
- Among collection of toys bought by donors at wayside stations south of Agra and elsewhere in Central India in 1937.
donor: Latham, P.
- Related subjects
theme: Family and Home
material: mineral plaster
object name (Horniman Ethno.): toy figures
- Record created 2000-02-18 by MIMSY
- Record last updated 2016-10-04 by XGVIEWS
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.