- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
Daily 10.30am - 5.30pm
Terms and Conditions for Advanced Bookings and Ticket Purchases.
All payments made for tickets purchased from the Horniman Museum are non-refundable. We reserve the right to refuse admission.
Horniman Museum Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions of use of website
Please read this carefully as it affects your legal rights and sets out the terms and conditions on which we, Horniman Museum ("We"), will allow you to use this website ("the website") and the information contained within it. The website is offered to you conditional on your agreement with these terms and conditions and your continued use of it signifies agreement with them in their entirety and without modification.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
We endeavour to ensure that the information in the website is accurate and helpful at all times. However, We cannot ultimately warrant the accuracy of that information and cannot be held liable for any use or reliance you may make of or put on it except as specifically agreed with us in any further agreement we may make with you in writing.
Any link (be it a hypertext link or other referral device) used on the website is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that We have any association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that have links with the website or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that have these linked websites and We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
Nothing within these conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury. Where you deal as a consumer, nothing in the above exclusions affects your statutory rights.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of the website are Copyright © Horniman Museum unless otherwise stated. Use of such copyright will only be permitted within the scope of the licence contained at "Your use of the website" below.
Trade marks displayed may be registered and nothing contained in these conditions or the website should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of the trade marks without the permission of the owner of the trade mark. However, copying and printing of those web pages which contain our trade mark is permitted within the scope of the licence contained at "Your use of the website" below.
Your use of the website
- You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the website solely for personal, non-commercial use and influencing the way in which internal auditing is carried out in your place of work.
- You may not reproduce part or all of the contents of the website in any form unless it is for personal, non commercial use or unless We give our written permission.
- You may not copy or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work any of the content of the website in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other) unless We give our written permission.
- You may not frame or link to the website or any part of it without our express permission.
- We shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove or suspend the whole or any part of the Discussion Forum or Book Review Section or any information posted in it without notice and without incurring any liability.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions under which the website is offered at any time. Any such change in terms and conditions will be effective once reflected in the text of these terms and conditions and published on this web page. You should check the terms and conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of and complying with the current version.
- The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement and your use of the website shall be governed by English Law, and you and We agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts for the determination of all disputes relating to your use of the website.
- Any enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Horniman Museum's websites are copyright of the Horniman Museum. Material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium for research, private study or for internal circulation within an educational organisation (such as schools, colleges and universities). This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. Where any of the items on this site are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified, the copyright status acknowledged.
Some images on the site are copyright to external photographers. Where this is the case, the images are marked as such. You may not reproduce these images in any format.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to tell you about changes in our services, future events and developments, or other information we think you'll find of interest.
All of the information you give us is private and secure. We do not currently sell or rent information about our customers, and would not do so without asking you first. Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Data protection policy statement
The Horniman Museum and Gardens uses all reasonable endeavours to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the following principles:
- Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Data should only be obtained for a specified purpose and should not be used for any other purpose.
- Personal data should be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to its purpose.
- Personal data should be accurate and up to date.
- Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose.
- Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns.
- Appropriate measures should be taken against unlawful processing or destruction of records.
- Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
This means that we will put systems and processes in place which aim to ensure that personal data will only be held by the Horniman if it is required for legitimate purposes, is obtained with the permission of the person to whom it relates and used for the purposes for which it was obtained, is held securely, is not held for longer than it is needed and is not disclosed without the necessary authority.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you can also email us at email@example.com.
For further information on the Data Protection Act 1998 please see the UK Government Data Protection website on www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk