Join us in the Music Gallery to hear performances and talks based on our musical instrument collection, including our 1772 Kirckman harpsichord.
Tuesday 28 March
Performing for us on 28 March is Heather Tomala.
Combining interests in music, theatre and languages, Heather pursues a richly varied accompanying and coaching career – encompassing the Southbank Centre, Handel Singing Competition, Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, Classical Opera Company, Tenebrae, Bel Canto Summer School (performing with Dame Emma Kirkby), and numerous choirs and instrumental ensembles.
She is Keyboard skills & Musicianship tutor at the National Opera Studio, répétiteur for London College of Music’s Musical Theatre students, Répétiteur and Musicianship leader for Ingenium Academy, Theory & Aural tutor for St. Paul’s School, and previously for Junior Guildhall. Off duty, Heather is a dedicated member of the Delaney Academy of Irish Dance.
- J S Bach, Prelude in C major, BWV846 (1685-1750) from Das wohltemperierte Klavier I
- Thomas Arne, Sonata No.1 in F major (1710-78) Andante – Adagio – Allegro
- Handel, Air & Variations, Harmonious Blacksmith (1685-1759) from Suite No.5 in E major, HWV430
- Haydn, Mvt. i from Sonata in C# minor, HobXVI/36 (1732-1809) Moderato
- J S Bach Mvt. i from Italian Concerto, BWV971 [untitled]