Cup made of soapstone, with a triangular lug handle at each side. Formerly part of the Imperial Institute Collection.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
cup (food service)
1 item (description level: whole)
- Broad category
- Anthropology: Ethnography
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
catalogue name: cup (food service)
object name: cup (food processing & storage)
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, South Asia, Asia
- Additional place information
made or collected: Chennai
- Materials & techniques
- Additional material & technique information
material: soapstone (overall)
- overall: 79 mm x 196 mm x 152 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 79 mm x 196 mm x 152 mm
previous owner: Imperial Institute
- Record created 2004-09-16
- Record last updated 2017-04-20
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.