Teacup made of cloves fixed together.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
teacup (cup (food service))
1 item (description level: part)
- Broad category
- Anthropology: Ethnography
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
catalogue name: teacup (cup (food service))
- Maluku, Indonesia, Southeast Asia, Asia
- Additional place information
made or collected: Maluku
- Date made
- early 19th century
- Additional date information
date made: early 19th century
- Materials & techniques
- Additional material & technique information
material: clove (overall)
- overall: 53 mm x 110 mm x 90 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 53 mm x 110 mm x 90 mm
donor: Lawrence, S.
Undefined - 1948-02-13
- Related objects
- part of teapot (food service); teapot lid; tea jug (jug (food service)); lids (food service); sugar bowl (bowl (food service)); bowl (food service); teacups (cups (food service)); saucers (food service); tea tray (tray (food service)); tray (food service); container (food service) (13.2.48/1)
- Related subjects
association: Clove tea set (World Gallery - Display group)
association: Food and Feasting
object name: teacups (cups (food service))
- Record created 2013-04-30
- Record last updated 2018-06-28
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.