October's an important month at the Horniman, as we kick it off with a brand new exhibition, and finish it with a whole range of family events specially planned for half term.
To celebrate the launch, we're hosting a vibrant weekend celebrating Romanian art, music, film and food.
Come to our Halloween Fair on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 October to find goodies in our special arts and crafts market, follow a spooky trail and enjoy some Halloween-themed food.
Half Term Events, 25 October - 2 November
- Take part in the Big Draw and help to build a Giant Hibernation Home
- Explore the outdoors in our Gardens, with bulb planting and Nature Trail Discovery sessions, or take part in healthy active sessions with Community Teachsport
- Get crafty with Family Art Fun
- Discover new dance moves with an Indian Kathak workshop
- Join Miss Horniman's special spooky Halloween tour
Events for Adults
- Buy locally sources and sold produce in our Farmers' Market every Saturday.
- Busy Bees, our sessions for under-5s, continue to be held every Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Come along to Art Makers to create Angler Fish Masks, Leafy Hedgehogs,
- Discover a World of Stories every Sunday afternoon.
- Get your hands on real museum objects in our Saturday family sessions.
- Explore the Hands on Base in our Sunday sessions designed for all.
- Listen to our historic harpsichord played in the Music Gallery with Hear It Live.
Extremes is open in our Temporary Exhibition Gallery until 2 November, so use this month to make sure you've explored our pitch black cave, compared your lung capacity with a yak, and taken your own #thermalselfie.