Accessible and fully-supported short term loans from the Horniman collections to other institutions
This project offers Horniman objects on short term loan to other institutions. The objects chosen for the project have either been in storage for a number of years or on display but with limited information.
We will support your organisation throughout the loan to make the process accessible, open and manageable.
We deliver the loan object along with a showcase, lighting, transport, interpretation, and the option of an expert talk or event and publicity for the loan.
All loan and associated costs are covered by Arts Council England making the project available to all.
Current and upcoming displays
- WW1 Military Bugle at Littlehampton Museum from 5 June to 31 August 2018 (as part of Littlehampton Museum's WWI centenary programme)
- Candomble Ferramenta at Arts Network from 15 June to 14 September 2018
Objects in the project
- Japanese shōgi set
- Ming dynasty Arrow Vase
- Chinese zhenwu figure
- Traditional Romanian hand decorated eggs
- Three Oceanic pots
- Imbenge, South African beer pot covers
- Swedish Christmas straw goat
- Horse skull
- Taxidermy secretary bird
- Taxidermy pine marten
- Taxidermy badger
- Chimpanzee Skeleton
- Miniature Taxidermy Dogs
Follow our progress
You can see the locations of some of our current and past Object in Focus Loans on our Loans Map.
For more information on our Object in Focus project and the objects available for loan, please email the project coordinator Andrew Herdon on email@example.com or call 0208 858 8232.