With a different theme each week, come and explore exciting art techniques and materials as a family and create something fabulous to take home inspired by our collections.
Please note that this activity requires at least one adult for every four participating children in a group.
- 25 May - Bug Puppets: celebrate Biodiversity Week by making a ladybird or beetle puppet. Choose your favourite and create a fun, wiggly puppet to play with.
- 1 June - Turtle Puppets: be inspired by our new Green Turtle on display in the Natural History Gallery and make your own swimming turtle friend to take home.
- 8 June - There will be no Art Makers today but check out our World Oceans Day activities instead.
- 15 June - Turtle Puppets
- 22 June - Summer time mobiles: celebrate the coming of summer by making a beautiful mobile of flowers, bees and butterflies.
- 29 June - Summer time mobiles
Art Makers will be taking a break during July and August. Check out our weekday summer holiday family activities.
- 7 Sept - Fox Masks: foxes live in our gardens and on our nature trail. Join us in Armaments to make your own furry fox mask.
- 14 Sept - Egg Box Owls: celebrate recycling week by creating a fabulous owl friend out of egg boxes.
- 21 Sept - Egg Box Owls
- 28 Sept - Fox Masks