Our Hands on Base is open on Saturdays mornings for fun sessions that will explore a different theme every week using objects from our handling collection. Themes will include animals, costumes, masks, music and toys to name just a few.
Take part in a series of challenges that could have you trying on clothes, playing music, drawing and of course exploring objects.
Drop in anytime between 11am to 12.30pm. Sessions are mainly aimed at families with children but everyone is welcome.
- 1 September - Making and Creativity: Explore some of the amazing and beautiful objects from our collections that have been made by craftspeople around the world.
- 8 September - Animals: Find out how and why animals change their bodies or behaviour to survive in the wild and then explore taxidermy animals from our collection.
- 15 September - Oceans: It's International Year of the Reef and this weekend it is also the Great British Beach Clean, drop by the Hands On Base and find out more about animals that live under the sea.
- 22 September - Costume: Find out why people in different parts of the world wear different kinds of clothes, then try on some of the costumes we have.
- 29 September - Masks: Find out about some of the special occasions that people wear masks for, then try on some of the masks from our collection.
Further sessions themes to be confirmed soon.