Bring all the family and your dancing shoes for a day of music, performances, demonstrations, workshops, markets and activities as we begin our Indian Summer.
In partnership with Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
What can you expect to find?
- Dance performances from Trinity Laban around the Museum and Gardens
- See Dhol Drummers or listen to the Raise the Roof Choir.
- Demonstrations of Indian dances, like Katak and Bharatanatyam, with the Amina Khayyam Dance Company.
- Join in with dance workshops or learn some yoga with our family or adult sessions
- Hear bands and DJs on the Bandstand, like The Ska Vengers or DJ Parm.
- Join in with some family art fun
- Take part in trails, activities and games
- Listen to a World of Stories
- Experience the food and drink of South Asia, as well as market stalls
We will also have increased security and stewards at the event.
Join us from 12pm for a day of free fun, all across the Museum and Gardens.
Travelling to the event
TFL will not be running trains between New Cross Gate and Forest Hill due to Network Rail track works. Replacement buses will operate between the following stops: London Bridge - New Cross Gate - Brockley - Honor Oak Park - Forest Hill.
Alternatively, you can reach the Horniman in these ways:
From London Bridge:
Take a train to East Dulwich (12 minutes) and then catch the 176 or 185 bus to the Horniman (20 minutes)
From east London:
Take the Overground train to Peckham Rye and then catch the 197 bus to the Horniman (13 minutes)
From south London:
You can reach Forest Hill from the following places
- Lewisham - P4, 122, 185 buses
- Bromley - Take a train to Sydenham Hill (13 minutes), then catch the 363 bus from Wells Park Road to the Horniman Park (4 minutes)
- Croydon - 197 bus
- Streatham P13 bus
Take the train to Denmark Hill (9 minutes) then catch the 176 or 185 bus to the Horniman (16 minutes)
From central London:
Take the Victoria line to Brixton and catch the P4 to the Horniman (30 minutes)
Please read our how to get to the Horniman page for more information.